What to prepare:
1. One accompanied standard solo, preferably a movement from a standard concerto.
For live auditions, you must bring the accompaniment to this piece. A pianist will be provided or you may bring your own.
– Video audition: ALL solos (except percussion) must be recorded with accompaniment. (Each selection/excerpt may be recorded separately.) PLEASE NOTE: The whole solo movement is required. (Piano accompaniment cuts are permitted, but the solo must be recorded in its entirety.)
– Percussion audition: No piano accompanied solo is needed. Instead, please prepare and submit an unaccompanied movement from a J. S. Bach suite (without repeats) performed on marimba. (Each selection/excerpt may be recorded separately.)
– Piano/Keyboard audition: No accompanied concerto is needed. Instead, please play one movement of a Beethoven sonata and a contrasting Romantic virtuoso piece.
2. Orchestral excerpts from the audition required repertoire list.
(Each selection/excerpt may be recorded separately.)
* It is recommended that Flute, Oboe, and Clarinet applicants offer excerpts, when possible, on their auxiliary instruments.
** Trumpet applicants interested in performing on Rotary Trumpet in Graz, must include the Rotary Trumpet excerpt.