2022 Orchestra Vacancies
- French Horn
- Principal Librarian
- All other sections: auditions accepted for alternate list.
AIMS selects musicians of all ages, but players who are not yet playing professionally should consider their readiness to perform both operatic and symphonic music. Instrumentalists from all countries are welcome to audition for AIMS.
There is a non-refundable audition fee of $45. (No other money is due until after acceptance.)
The orchestra roster will be posted on April 20.
DEADLINE EXTENDED to April 15! Video recorded auditions are accepted from November 1 to April 15. If positions are open in your category, they may be accepted after April 15 and up to June 15. Please contact us at [email protected] before submitting a video after the roster is posted on April 20.
How to Prepare
- One standard solo, preferably a movement from a standard concerto.
- 2022 Live Auditions: Due to audition venue COVID-19 protocols, no piano accompaniment will be used. Please be prepared to play your solo without accompaniment.
- 2022 Recorded Auditions: Piano accompaniment is OPTIONAL.
- Also for video audition, the whole solo movement is required. (Piano accompaniment cuts are permitted, but the solo must be recorded in its entirety.) (Each selection/excerpt may be recorded separately.)
- Orchestral excerpts from the audition repertoire list. (If submitting a video audition, each selection/excerpt may be recorded separately.)
Live auditions are planned for select cities in 2022.
Auditions for the AIMS Festival Orchestra are held in cities throughout the U.S. in January through March each year. Musicians unable to audition in person may submit a video audition. [Note: There are NO in person percussion audition. All percussion auditions are video auditions.] Online registration for live auditions opens in the fall.