soprano '13 - Meistersinger Finalist
Take the next step in your career – join us in Graz this summer
As the leading summer music program in Europe, AIMS is a one-of-a-kind experience. The program is designed to prepare you for a career as a professional musician. In six weeks of intense training, you’ll work on every aspect of your craft, studying opera and lieder repertoire, and performing with renowned European conductors. Many participants feel they learn more in a summer at AIMS than in a year or more at school. And it all takes place in Graz, one of the most beautiful small cities in all of Europe.
- Singers/pianists: one-on-one training with internationally acclaimed faculty.
- Instrumentalists: performing with the AIMS Festival Orchestra.
- Master classes with renowned performers, teachers and coaches.
- Auditions for agents & presenters.
- More than 30 public performance opportunities.
- The AIMS Meistersinger Vocal Competition.
- Acting and audition classes at AIMS had a direct and immediate impact on my career. I completed my first professional audition right after AIMS for the Salzburg Festival young artist program, and got offered a contract on the spot! I don't think I could have achieved that result before my summer at AIMS. I would encourage any young, ambitious classical or opera singer to participate in AIMS. It certainly changed my life.Alexandra Flood
soprano '13 - Meistersinger Finalist
- I want to thank all of you for being a vital part of my growth into an emerging professional artist. Being a part of AIMS last summer opened my eyes to the professional world of music and helped me understand who I am as an artist and what I needed to accomplish to transition from a student to a professional musician. Thank you SO much for inspiring me to work hard in the practice room; to connect my entire body when I perform; to walk into auditions not expecting anything but to have fun sharing my craft; and to go after career opportunities knowing that they will not come to me. I appreciate it more than words can express!Kayla Bailey
- I am proud to say that I am passing on some of what I learned at AIMS to my students, who consistently win state and regional vocal competitions, secure leads in the opera at UM, and go on to graduate schools and conservatories in the US. Thanks for your inspiration!Jo Ella Todd
soprano ’75, ’76
- The AIMS experience is necessary for any opera singer that doesn’t want to just ’fall into’ the European music scene. With dedication and diligence, one can come away with a wealth of knowledge and preparation.Marsha Thompson
soprano ’00; Meistersinger Competition Finalist
- AIMS was a wonderful experience of learning, performing, and seeing a dedicated staff in action. I am personally better from being blessed to have had this opportunity. Many thoughts continue to filter down from this unique and outstanding musical studies program.Nancy Marriott
- The music, the people I met, and the atmosphere were so incredible! My experience with AIMS is something that I will cherish for the rest of my life.Jennifer Metheny
- I learned more in six weeks at AIMS than I did in five years of college The experience I gained has been one of the most awesome things in my life.Vanessa Olmstead
soprano ’98, ’00; Meistersinger Competition Finalist
- AIMS has given me a true sense of where I need to work from, how I measure up, and areas I need to strengthen for a future in classical singing. I learned more about my voice and how to maximize its use in one week at AIMS than I had in three years.Eldric Bashful
tenor ’03, ’04, ’06
- AIMS is an ideal program for singers looking to polish and hone their skills and gain additional performance opportunities. It provides a once in a lifetime opportunity to experience European culture and study the German language.Sara Thomas
Editor Classical Singer Magazine; soprano ’04
- Anyone who is seriously considering a career as a singer should attend AIMS. It was an excellent opportunity to fine tune one’s voice, network with faculty, and become fluent in German.Vanessa Schukis
- Within one week of being at AIMS, I had already gotten my money’s worth. The program is life-changing!Laura Sauer
- I learned more about my voice and myself in six weeks than I had learned in the previous six years. All I regret about AIMS is that I didn’t go sooner. AIMS was much cheaper than a doctorate, and much better ’real world’ experience. I am a better singer, teacher, and artist because of what I learned at AIMS and I will always be glad that I came to GrazEden Casteel Simmons
Soprano ’05; Meistersinger Competition Finalist